Friday, November 07, 2008

Telling your students who the best candidate is

I had teachers like this when I was in grade school and high school.
Heck... they're pretty much what turned me into a Republican. When I saw them browbeat other students into their position, I saw what they were really about.


I'm older now, and teachers like the one in that video can't affect me directly any longer. But when I see a video like that, it re-ignites the part of me that was angry then.

This is what bothers me the most:
If you're a really good teacher, and you also happen to be right about your opinion, the students will come to the same conclusion. You don't have to lead them, inch by inch, into your lair.
I hate that.

Anyway, I really felt for this girl in the video. I hope she knows that she was right, and her teacher was wrong.

No comments: