Monday, October 10, 2005

On Harriet Miers...

Let's talk Miers.

Since everyone keeps on saying that she's not qualified, I decided to look up her resume, before she met Bush.

CNN has a pretty decent article about her:
Miers, 60, has a string of firsts on her resume that track her quiet but steady march to the top echelons of power: first woman hired by her law firm in 1972, first woman president of the Dallas Bar Association in 1985, first woman president of the Texas State Bar in 1992, first woman president of her law firm in 1996.


But wait, that's not all. According to the Washington Post:
On numerous occasions, the National Law Journal named her one of the nation's 100 most powerful attorneys and as one of the nation's top 50 women lawyers.

But outside of that... she just worked for the President of the US for a few years.
Not much experience, I guess.

2 comments:

Joe said...

I don't really have comments on Harriet Miers, but I was hoping some exchange of ideas with my comments. I hope you didn't feel attacked or anything with my comments; it's just the way I think.

Anonymous said...

powerful and qualified are not synonymous