Monday, December 08, 2008

Chang (ing light bulbs)

I forgot to add this to the mind-boggling logic of our president elect. From Politico:
ENERGY: “[W]e will launch a massive effort to make public buildings more energy-efficient. Our government now pays the highest energy bill in the world. We need to change that. We need to upgrade our federal buildings by replacing old heating systems and installing efficient light bulbs. That won’t just save you, the American taxpayer, billions of dollars each year. It will put people back to work.”

We're going to put people back to work changing out light bulbs?
Uh... if that isn't a 'make work' job, what is?

HUMAN: What do you do?
OBAMA DRONE: I work for the government making the world less energy dependent.
HUMAN: Oh, you change out light bulbs?
OBAMA DRONE: That's not all I do!
HUMAN: What else?
OBAMA DRONE: I fill out paperwork, and report on the improved efficiency of the building.
HUMAN: That accounts for 15 minutes of your day. What do you do with the rest of it?
OBAMA DRONE: The point is that I'm working, and I feel better about myself. What do you do for a living?
HUMAN: I have a real job. I work at McDonalds. I feed people in a very short amount of time. Because of me, they have more time to be productive, and create more wealth in our society... you useless fucktard.

No comments: