Sunday, December 07, 2008

Weekly address from the office of the president elect???

You gotta hand it to the fans of Obama: there is nothing he can do that will shake their love.

In a new standard of presumptiveness, Obama has been having regular press conferences from the 'Office Of the President Elect'... which is a bullshit office.
But now he's taking it one step further.
Obama is releasing weekly addresses from the office of the president elect.
Say what?

Keep in mind, previous president elects haven't even held regular press conferences. So why would Obama do this?
Unless he:
1) Incredibly insecure about the job
2) Already thinks he's in power
or
3) Wants to pretend like he's in charge

Any of those three things are creepy. I want you to watch the video above, and realize its not his job yet.
Man, I understand that he was elected. I greatly respect democracy, even when I don't agree with the outcome of an election.
But only because I respect an orderly transition of power.

Obama is trying to skip past that transition thing. You know, where he waits to be inaugurated?

Obama's followers have always creeped me out.
I wish that Obama wouldn't do the same.

No comments: