Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Naomi Wolf goes batshit crazy

When I was in college, I was assigned "The Beauty Myth" by a professor. He knew that I took fashion photos, and I presume that he wanted me to get some kind of feminist primer.

I wrote a fairly critical review of the book. I don't remember what I said, but I remember saying that Naomi's arguments were both incoherent and illogical.

Somehow, Naomi has gotten less coherent, while still selling books.

Recently, Naomi wrote a commentary for the Huffington Post. She writes about how Sarah "Evita Palin" [her slander, not mine] would mean the 'coming' of the 'police state'.

I'd love for everyone to think about that for just a second.
Do you logically believe that Sarah Palin sounds like the kind of person who is for a police state?
Keep in mind, the primary criticism of Palin up until this point has been that Sarah fired her police chief because he supported a ban on concealed weapons for ordinary people, and because the police chief wanted bars to close earlier.


That's the woman who is going to push a police state?

From there, Naomi starts to lose her shit. -And I mean, she seriously loses it. She argues that people - she doesn't say who - are after her. I'm going to quote her, unedited.
Almost everyone I work with on projects related to this campaign for liberty has been experiencing computer harassment: emails are stripped, messages disappear. That's not all: people's bank accounts are being tampered with: wire transfers to banks vanish in midair. I personally keep opening bank accounts that are quickly corrupted by fraud. Money vanishes. Coworkers of mine have to keep opening new email accounts as old ones become infected. And most disturbingly to me personally is the mail tampering I have both heard of and experienced firsthand. My tax returns vanished from my mailbox. All my larger envelopes arrive ripped straight open apparently by hand.

Naomi goes on to argue that letters that she's sent to her daughter, at summer camp, have vanished. Apparently, the people who are harassing her really know how to get to a person. By stealing letters meant for summer camp. That's just... well... weird.

To Naomi's credit, I must have the same people after me. When I put money into my bank accounts, money vanishes. I have to keep putting more money in. Its really bizarre.

And e-mail? Don't get me started. I don't know who they are, but they keep putting a bunch of spam in my e-mail box. Obviously, I've been annoying those who would put us in a police state.
People like that old POW and the woman who fired her police chief because he wanted to restrict people from owning weapons.

Unfortunately, I missed Naomi's appearance tonight at the main library in my city. I realized she was going to be there too late. Which is too bad. Because I'd love to ask her a bunch of things in person. Like...

  • Are you nuts? Do you actually believe that there is a secret cabal of Republicans who are harassing you?
  • Why are you for Democrats, and against Republicans? Do you actually believe that the Republicans are trying to strip away your rights? Did you know that it was a Democrat who pushed labels on CDs with 'bad' lyrics? That it was a Democrat who pushed the V-chip in your TV? That it is Democrats who are pushing the 'Fairness Doctrine'?
  • Are you nuts? No... really... like batshit crazy nuts? Do you believe that building 7 was bought down by the owner of the building on 9/11? Do you think that Katrina was caused by weather experiments? Do you think we faked going to the moon?

Naomi; I'm genuinely sad that I couldn't question you today. It would have been fun. Of course, you would have asked the security to take me away, because you'd worry that I'd put a new chip in your head. But it would still be fun.

No comments: