Friday, September 19, 2008

Your Assignment: Tell me why you hate Sarah Palin

When I was in high school, I had teachers like this:
Metro State College is investigating a professor who asked students to write an essay critical of Republican vice presidential candidate Gov. Sarah Palin. One student said the instructor singled out Republican students in the class and allowed others to ridicule them.

Its sad, but this really did contribute to me becoming a Republican. Don't get me wrong. I became a Republican at something like the age of 12... while watching the Stalinist tactics of the Democrats in Chicago, my home town.
But when you're in class, and the teacher is basically telling you that anyone who is a Republican is wealthy or an idiot, it takes away a lot of their credibility.

Anyway, Denver's Metro College has an adjunct English professor named Andrew Hallam who assigned an anti-Palin essay as their composition.
A brave young lady named Jana, who is a student at that college, spoke up. Good for her.
If Hallam thinks that his assignments are fine, this is a good time for him to find out that not everyone agrees with him.

No comments: